I have finally gotten my hands on a working computer! Yay! I never thought something as simple as that would make me so happy. I also found a couple job postings that fit what I want to do. Now all … Continue reading
From October 25 through November 26, I will be challenging myself with the Whole30 in order to change my lifestyle and live a healthier life. Throughout those 30 days, I will be posting my daily progress, food, activities, mood, and … Continue reading
This last Christmas, my mom asked me to prepare some dishes for Christmas dinner. I had no idea what to make, so while I was waiting at Joann Fabrics to get my fabric cut, I sat at the pattern table and flipped through some magazines. Of the dishes I made for that Christmas dinner, this four-cheese zucchini strata was a hit. People were asking me for the recipe, so I figured I would post it online to share with everyone.
Prep: 35 minutes
Chill: 2 to 24 hours
Bake: 45 minutes
Stand: 10 mnutes
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 5 cups)
- 8 cups bite-sized pieces Italian flatbread with garlic (focaccia)
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 7 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a very large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Gradually add zucchini slices. Cook until zucchini is lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Meanwhile, lightly butter a 3-quart rectangular or oval baking dish. Place half of the torn bread in the prepared dish. Arrange half of the zucchini over the bread. Sprinkle half of each cheese over the zucchini. Repeat layers.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, parsley, salt, and pepper. Pour evenly over layers in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours (I was on a time crunch, so I stuck it in the freezer for about 30 to 45 minutes, until the baking dish and all the ingredients were chilled).
- Preheat oven to 325°F, Remove plastic wrap. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 170°F. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 347 cal., 23 g fat, 228 mg chol., 742 mg sodium, 16 g carb., 1 g fiber, 22 g pro.
It really is delicious. My entire family loved it (and I had to serve 20 people)! Try it out and let me know what you think!